How hydration impacts workplace productivity
Many people talk about their morning cup o’ joe as their way to jumpstart the day. But what about the rest of the workday? That mid-afternoon slump and grogginess are all too familiar for many office workers. Just because that slump is common doesn’t mean it’s not preventable. More likely than not, those mid-afternoon feelings are mainly due to dehydration.
Keeping your employees hydrated can help prevent the afternoon slump, and benefit your workplace in many other ways. Drinking enough water can help:
- Boost brain function
- Improve concentration
- Fight fatigue
- Regulate blood pressure
- Improve mood
- Boost immune system functionality
- Eliminate toxins
- And aid in proper digestion
How to encourage employees to stay hydrated
Offering water is one thing, but preventing dehydration is another thing entirely. Even though we all know the importance of drinking enough water, it’s easier said than done. Here are some effective ways to encourage your employees to up their water intake.
- Make water easily accessible – Whether you want to provide bottled water or set up water stations throughout your office, making water easily accessible is key to keeping people hydrated.
- Educate your employees – We all know we need water, but many people don’t fully understand the implications of not drinking enough of it. Educating your employees with handouts, staff training, or posters scattered throughout your office, can help show them the importance of drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water per day.
- Offer more than just plain water – One of the most common reasons people neglect their water intake is simply because it lacks taste. Instead, they turn to surgery soda or caffeinated beverages, which can actually dehydrate them further. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to liven up your office water. Consider offering sparkling water or fruit-infused water in addition to just plain water.
What to look for in an office water supplier
Now that you know how important offering easily-accessible water at work is, it’s time to start vetting suppliers. But what exactly should you look for when deciding who to work with? Here are some things to look for in an office water service:
Variety of filtered, microbe-free water offerings
For example, here at Redcup, we can stock your office with hot and cold water options, eco-friendly water coolers, sparkling water, sparkling water syrups, and ice service as well.
Additional beverage offerings
Office water is likely just one type of beverage you’ll be offering your employees. For maximum convenience and simplicity, it can be best to work with an office water supplier who also offers coffee, tea, and kombucha services too.
Work with Redcup for your Colorado office water service
If you’re ready to get started with your Colorado office water service, reach out to us at Redcup Beverage Service. Owned and operated by Colorado-native Christopher Anson, we are proud to support our community and other Colorado-based businesses with our beverage offerings.
Contact us today to learn more or to schedule a taste-test for your office.